Image via Wikipedia
The Neologist is me—Lynn David Newton, the owner of this website. Several years ago I combined my experience in previous long and successful careers into this editing business.
Neologistics Editing provides editing services for clients, including:
- Typesetting (using LaTeX)
- Music typography (using Finale).
My career from 1982 until 2010 has been in various corners of computer technology, sometimes called information technology (IT). Some highlights from those years include:
- Chief of Documentation for Interhack, a computer science research company with practice areas in forensic computing and information technology, where I did much copyediting of complex documents, in addition to wearing numerous other hats.
- Nearly twenty years as a software engineer, first for Motorola Computer Group, and later for MontaVista Software, performing software quality assurance, software test, and system test tasks.
- Five years as a web application developer.
- Writing courseware on Unix for Cisco’s vast Networking Academy.
- Teaching beginning and advanced Linux and Unix at an accredited technical university.
My work from youth until 1982 was in the music industry, as a composer, performer, and especially as a music typographer. For that entire period I made most of my living preparing music masters for printed publication from publisher-supplied manuscripts.
Visit The Epic to get the full story of my background and how it relates to my qualifications as a copyeditor.